Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Imani: Rumba Cumpleanera!



OK, maybe that title involves no correct application of the Spanish language but I sure love celebrating birthdays! The best parts of celebrating in Colombia:

1. Dancing!
We selected the ever popular Wednesday night spot of Quiebracanto. Once of the highlights of the evening is musica negra - so they pumped up some Beyonce and Snoop Dog and we busted a move.



2. Aguardiente!
OK, every Colombian celebration calls for this fine beverage but it is even more festive on a birthday. I just can't believe it was my idea to buy the second bottle!



3. Happy Birthday to You...
Yes, we sing in English...with a Spanish accent. I love it. I mean why would there be a need to sing the Spanish version.



All and all, a fabulous night out with the crew and a great way to send of Imani as she headed to DC to surprise her Mom!


No comments: