Sunday, October 19, 2008

Salt is Life...and Univision


A beautiful Sunday. . . and an excellent day for a day trip. (We are so local!)

The stop for the day: Salt Cathedral of Zipaquira . Imagine, a salt mine that is also a cathedral and contains the stations of the cross. It was amazing. My pictures hardly do it justice. And, it included a 3-D movie theater to explain the history of the mine. I mean what tourist site wouldn't be complete without 3-D.

A fun sided note was that we met a camera crew from Univision in Los Angeles. They are working on a series that features all the tourist spots in Colombia. It should be out in November. . . stay tuned for details. And, as I am sure that you are wandering, no I don't think that I will be in any feature footing (I don't look Colombian enough). Though, we did get to take some great shoots of us practicing being reporters!

Enjoy. . . and just think that you could see all this first hand with a visit!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good times! You should be lead anchor. Is there still salt-mining in the area?

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see your 15 minutes of fame! If you make it onto Univision, I might just get cable to allow me to enjoy it

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see your 15 minutes of fame! If you make it onto Univision, I might just get cable to allow me to enjoy it