Close your eyes, open your mind, and imagine this concept. . .It is a dark and stormy Sunday night. The most appealing option is in the comfort of a small, independent movie theater (Cinemania to be exact). You arrive to discover that you are not alone in your choice of activities. You join the line to purchase a ticket.
Now, instead of being let loss like a pack of rabid dogs in the movie theater, forced to fend for yourself to find a seat...you are actually assigned a sit when you purchase a ticket. You take your time purchasing your popcorn, waiting for a late arrival, and even chance a bathroom break prior to entering the theater. All the while, you are confident that your seat awaits you.
Is it a dream? No, it is the way cinemas work in Bogota. I love it. It is so simple to know exactly where you will be sitting. It may also add a level of class to the experience. Of course, I still think that my shoe got stuck to gum on the floor...but not all things can change:)
By the way, we watched Manual de Amor. I consider it the Italian, non-holiday version of Love Actually. For those that know me well, I would consider it a movie well worth the viewing. And, we did take a straw pole (of an American and Colombian male) and it is not considered a "chick flick."
1 comment:
How can it be similar to "Love Actually" without being a chick flick? I'll have to see it to believe it.
Post a Comment